21 July 2010

Long Overdue

I finally decided to upgrade my desktop computer after putting it off for 6 years. My old one is still a decent machine but it has weak RAM and the video card is crapping out I think. I didn't spend as much as I should on the new one, but I found a good deal and only got what I really needed and use:

Gateway DX4300-11

8 GB DDR2 SDRAM
1 TB Hard Drive
2.50 GHz AMD Phenom II X4

8 USB Ports
1 HDMI Port
TV Tuner
Windows 7 64-Bit

I put my old 1 TB hard drive in there too so it's 2 TB total. It didn't come with a wireless card, and I found out that the one in my old computer doesn't work well on 64-bit machines. I'll have to play around with it and hopefully get it all set up again. I wish I had the TV tuner and HDMI in the living room as a DVR, but I'll have to sacrifice. This thing's gonna run all of Office 2010 and Adobe CS5 for some serious GSD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment