11 July 2011

Poltergeist

My iPod has been dead since Memorial Day. The battery won't hold a charge and the click wheel and center button do not respond. I loved that thing like a six-year-old brother. But since that weekend in early June, it's just been sitting on its dock in my room like a tombstone marking what once was...

In the pitch dark of last night, I for some reason opened my eyes and the iPod suddenly came on. From my bed, not fully awake and dazed from sleep, I just stared at the black screen with the white apple logo in the center. Very curious.

Then I saw it go to the language selection screen, which it does right after a hard reset, the last thing I did before trying to fix it. Still tired, I thought to myself "Cool, it's working again! Hopefully the buttons are too, I'll play with it in the morning."

After turning over to go back to sleep, about two minutes later, I heard clicks. The sound the iPod makes when you scroll with the wheel. I looked at it again and it was cycling through menu options on its own, back and forth. Ugh, now I'm creeped out a little...

I finally decided to get up and investigate. While still on its dock, the buttons seemed to be working and I could scroll through the menus again. I pulled it off and it instantly shut down. Damn, the battery still wasn't holding a charge. Back on the dock it went.

After the night passed, I tried again in the morning. Wouldn't boot, wouldn't respond, wouldn't hold a charge. Totally dead again. Obviously there are logical explanations for what happened, but I like to believe otherwise...

1 Comment:

  1. Dizzy said...
    It's magic!

Post a Comment