06 July 2009

Independence Day

Have we all stopped blogging already!? Yeah I'm guilty too, but it only happens because we're having so much fun and there's no time to waste writing about it. Actually, I had a very long blog about our camping trip saved but never posted it, so I'll finish that up and post it just for fun. Don't want this thing to get too stale...

This really was the most eventful 4th of July in recent years. We started with a big breakfast and champagne around 10:00 AM, although I cracked open my first Corona under the already scorching sun and passed on the food. With the sun, beer, and somewhat clear pool, the afternoon felt similar to those daily summer swims of our childhood. I also made my way home to check out our own family bbq and rest some, since I think I was more out of it than I realized from all the sun and drinking. After heading to 7-11 with Tiffany for more beer and some ice cream for the walk back, I bent over to wash my hands in the pool...I assume everyone made their way to the hill to watch fireworks; I just sat on my roof and then passed out...

...until Kate came and dragged me out of bed and a whole new July 4th started. I definitely had a second wind since the sun had set, but I was afraid to drive anywhere because of all the cops on the roads and the checkpoints they had set up. I really just played pong, ate and did shots until walking back and forth multiple times between there and Ryder. Don't quite know exactly what happened with Lucas, but that was the last piece of drama before the night ended.

So that was July 4th. I'm loving summer and I wanna keep swimming all week. And where did Martin and Justyn go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment