06 January 2009

IT'S 2009!

December 31st, 2008: To start the night and finish 2008, we started with hopes of a pre-game at SDBC. After driving all the way out there to find that they were closed, we grabbed some Pyramid Hefeweizen and Coors and golfed at my house instead. I guess I pushed it a little too far and my dad got a little annoyed with all the beer and people in my room, but it was cool. Consider it the last time in 2008. Although we hadn't been there in a while, Josh's was really fun too. All the fancy decorations and moderate drinking made the final moments of 2008 so memorable. 


Honestly, the majority of 2008 was horrible. Some of the worst times of my life. But the tail-end of it seemed to bring new life and turned into some of the best. It WILL foreshadow 2009.

Then the countdown began...
3...
2...
1...

January 1st, 2009, 12:01 AM: The new year went off like a gun and never seemed to look back. We all just kept drinking into the night, and luckily Chris was smart enough to be our driver when the entire Santee police force was on the streets. Ruben was good and loaded, and soon after he wanted to kill me like so many of those old nights. We ditched him after he got too stupid to tolerate anymore (no remorse) and drove out to yellow shack for the first mexican food of 2009. We always seem to meet the strangest people there, and this time it was a group of young adults all dressed up and driving their own limo from 1992. Went home, said happy new year to mama and went to bed.

January 1st, 2009: I literally woke up feeling like a younger version of myself. The weather was amazing in Santee, so we walked around the Trolley Center while waiting for our table at Mimi's. After that, we jammed, watched some of The Office outtakes, took our breaks and then met up for ....

Ok, you can see where I'm going with this post, but I'm seriously struggling to remember all of this shit. If you read my earlier posts, I can usually describe every little thing we did for the night. My brain hurts. I'll finish it later. It's 2009 ; )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment