09 March 2009

Bullet Dodging

So this weekend, although disappointing in some ways to others, was really fun thanks to some good luck. 


Friday night, I took off to school right after work to get some work done on our semester ISD project. Kind of some drama involved with that, and we didn't get as much done as we would have liked, but at least I got out of there in time to make a 10:25 Watchmen showing. Bullet number one dodged; as I was about to get on the 125, Justyn calls me wondering when we may show up at Ricky's party. For some reason,  I really wasn't feeling a movie at the time, with the sitting and staring (and sleeping), so I flipped a bitch and drove down Woodside for a sweet party with Martin and Justyn. Played some pong, drank some whiskey, and chipped some lip all in the backroads of Lakeside. And, as it turns out after meeting up with the crew on Ryder, Watchmen wasn't an Oscar winner. Sweet.

Saturday was great, starting with sleeping in until 8. Unfortunately, father son bonding replaced a Saturday morning jam, but family always takes priority, we all know that. So, played some catch with Flo at the park, rounded up Chris, Martin and Nate and went to our Balboa spots to look at art. Took a break at home to get some stuff done, then went to Saturday night Stone with Chris, Justyn, Eli and Tiffany. The Growlers were filled and transported downtown to Kate's condo, which actually was really sweet. I didn't really mean to drink as much as I did because I had to meet up at 8 AM the next morning at school, but my growler was empty when we left and got home around 3:30. Also, way disappointing that the Hot Shots at the condo didn't work out. I blame myself. BUT, the condo was way sweet and I can't wait to do it again.

Sunday after getting the school work out of the way and waking everyone up, the Zoo ended up being me, Flo and Lily. Garret joined up later, and it made for a very educational, entertaining afternoon of watching animal drama. Grabbed some dinner at Panda later, which was very relaxing. I like how we meet up there and basically close the place up with 20% off food. Finished the night getting some more work done, which ended up taking a lot longer than expected. Didn't get to sleep until 4:30, so I was pretty tired this morning. But, a pleasant Sunday night and great weekend lingered in me all day.

OK, I made a mistake on the pools. Game 6 doesn't eliminate a team, it just determines the top seed for pool 2. Both move on.

WBC
Today's Scores:
Korea 1 @ Japan 0 (Korea top seed from Pool A for Round 2)
Mexico 14 @ South Africa 3 (South Africa eliminated)
Italy 6 @ Canada 2 (Canada eliminated)
Puerto Rico 3 @ Netherlands 1 

Tomorrow's Games 
Italy @ Venezuela 5:00 PM
Dominican Republic @ Netherlands 6:30 PM
Cuba @ Australia 8:00 PM

Looks like Japan is coming to San Diego. And my prediction is against Cuba.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment