23 March 2009

DK is in town!

We did some new things this weekend with people who we don't see so often anymore, which made for good times.


Darick actually got in late Wednesday night, but with work and classes I didn't even see him until late Thursday night at poker. I guess he's a decent player too from what I heard so he's got me beat.

On Friday, the first day of spring and Eli's birthday, I went swimming after work for the first time since August. It's going to take a long time to get back to where I was before, and it completely wore me out. So it was nice to just chill at San Diego Brewing Company over some tasty beer. I think my buzz/fatigue contributed to me leaving without my wallet and lowering my spirits most of the night. However, we visited this Korean karaoke place where we could rent a room, bring our booze and sing all night. Tiffany was also in town and pretty much organized the whole thing, and it was actually pretty enjoyable. Once back on Ryder with Justyn off of work, we just sat around the table as Eli entertained us with his drunk talk. I don't think anyone really wanted to sleep either, because after Ryder we went to my house and recorded some clicks until 4:30 AM. That's how you spend a Friday night.

Of course I didn't wake until about 11:45 AM on Saturday, which I don't mind because I rarely get the opportunity these days. Luckily, the Brewing Company had found my wallet and saved it for me to come pick up. Quite a relief. And, it gave me the perfect excuse to spend money on clothes for Jessica's 21st. Before the party, however, the typical Saturday afternoon activities had to be completed: practice/lay down live tracks for all the songs we've practiced up to this point, and get the growlers filled with the '07 Vertical Epic from Stone. It was just Eli, Justyn, George and I, but it was a fun trip and I'm glad we sucked it up and got our hands on some of that stuff because it tasted great, much better than the '06. I actually decided to purchase a 1-liter for the weekends when I feel like staying cool. Once everybody got their act together, it was already 10:30 but we headed out to party with the North County punks. Topped off with some yellow shack, it was another fun 21st birthday celebration.

Sunday was relaxing, but we decided to go back to '07 again and do Sunday at Tokyo. Everyone agreed the food was great, and it was nice to go back there and find our picture on the wall.

WBC
It's been a while since I updated, and the championship game is actually going on right now between Korea and Japan. I'll post the outcome sometime this week.

Monday, March 16 
Cuba 7 @ Mexico 4 (Mexico eliminated)
Venezuela 2 @ Puerto rico 0

Tuesday, March 17
Korea 4 @ Japan 1
USA 6 @ Puerto Rico 5 (Puerto Rico eliminated)

Wednesday, March 18
Japan 5 @ Cuba 0 (Cuba eliminated)
Venezuela 10 @ USA 6 (Venezuela top seed from Pool 2 for Semifinals)

Thursday, March 19
Japan 6 @ Korea 2 (Japan top seed from Pool 1 for Semifinals)

Semi-Finals
Saturday, March 21
Korea 10 @ Venezuela 2 (Venezuela eliminated)

Sunday, March 22
Japan 9 @ USA 4 (USA eliminated)

Final
Japan @ Korea 6:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment