23 August 2009

G1 vs. MyTouch

Since we started talking about the differences between the G1 and the MyTouch (what we call the G2), I decided to look it up and pin down the specs on both once and for all. Here's the best article I found:



It basically says that everything is the same on the phones except for the obvious lack of physical keyboard on the MyTouch, as well as better battery life and a slimmer design. One forum stated that the G2 had more RAM, but I looked it up and it's not true; both have 192 MB. So I still think it stands that the G1 is the better phone, unless you insist on having the ''hippest'' phone available.

It also got me interested in jailbreaking the G1, which would allow apps to be installed on the much larger micro SD card rather than the internal memory. My G1 always runs best when nothing is installed, so this would definitely make for a smoother-running phone.

1 Comment:

  1. Justyn said...
    I just skimmed it, but I still didn't find anything on the cpu or clock speed. But if everything else is so similar, I wouldn't think that the cpu is different.

Post a Comment