13 November 2009

The McRib is Back!


It's a little late I know, but last weekend we all went to the Santee McDonald's to get the famous ''McRib'' sandwich. It felt a bit pathetic to bring the amount of people we did just for a fast food specialty, but the preceding excitement in the air and saliva in our mouths told us that is must be shared with loved ones. This would actually be my first time. Anyway...

Before getting in to the McRib experience, here's a side story. During Oktoberfest in El Cajon, I decided to try the veal sandwich, which I've never had before. It didn't look all too appetizing and it smelled like someone made meatloaf out of bologna, so I decided to load it up with two condiments only: bbq sauce and onions. This was BEFORE my first McRib. And that thing tasted exactly like a real one, which is why...

I'm not really a fan, but I like the price. About $5 for a meal, which I think is pretty cheap for McDonald's. I even got a sweet tea to complement the tangy bbq sauce and complete the southern meal. Everything was as it should be, I just thought it tasted too much like what I had during Oktoberfest so I was put off. Also, I saw one of the employees pull one out of their oven drawer thingy, pre-sauce soak, and it looked like it dripped from the nose of someone with swine flu. Would I eat it again? Yes. 

And here is Eli graciously, and gracefully, hand-modeling the food he's about to eat:




0 Comments:

Post a Comment