15 May 2009

3rd Molars

I just had my wisdom teeth removed this morning. The bottom two were always a bit irritating, but they ended up taking out all four, which I wasn't expecting. 


The whole procedure really wasn't bad at all, despite all the speculation built up from others' experiences and stories. I was under the whole time (well mostly). I don't think he gave me much of anything during the procedure because I woke up twice; the first time he game a little more anesthesia, second time toward the end he just said "fuck it" and finished up. I can remember opening my eyes, seeing strange colors, and trying to speak, probably to tell him I was awake. It was hard because there was so much shit in my mouth and I was hopped up. Also, the numbness in my lips and chin went away in about 2 hours, while others said they were numb for 14! 

Anyway, it went by really quickly and to make up for the lack of drugs during the thing, he hooked me up with some Oxycodone, the stronger, bigger brother of Hydrocodone (Vicodin). Everything I needed for post surgery enjoyment was in one spot in Santee: Sav-On filled my drugs, Lucky had my hot and sour soup, and Best Buy provided 21st Century Breakdown limited edition. I promptly went home, popped a couple and blasted my first listen. Also Flo brought me ice cream, thank you! : )

I don't take the whole image seriously with Green Day's rock opera trend. But there are some good songs and I enjoyed it. They do know how to record an album, they're veterans now.

1 Comment:

  1. Justyn said...
    My feelings on the rock opera trend are mixed. I don't think any of the old Green Day fans like it. I would love it if they put out a couple more Dookies or Nimrods or Insomniacs, but it's cool they're not old and still trying to be super pop punk. Like we agreed last night, It's Green Day, take it or leave it. Also, I'm glad you had a good wisdom teeth story.

Post a Comment