04 November 2008

Brave New World


I'm sitting on the couch at home, Nov. 4th, 2008. McCain has just given a speech in Phoenix congratulating President Obama, the first black president in American history. More than the significance of equality now present in our country, I am excited for the transition from an older generation of leadership to one I feel I am more a part of. There is no doubt that our views of race in this country have come a long way, and I won't take for granted the hardships that our ancestors lived through and the way the old world thought in general. So, congratulations to Barack Obama. You have a big job ahead of you and your supporters would love more than anything to see you start turning this country around and leading the world for a new generation of adults. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment